Does it seem as if you are constantly plucking or shaving unwanted hair? Laser hair removal offers a long-lasting way to remove hair from many parts of the body. Our medical professionals at Center for Cosmetic and Clinical Dermatology in Gaithersburg, MD shares a few facts about this popular hair removal method.
Laser hair removal slows hair growth
Lasers use thin beams of light to target precise areas of your body. When the laser is aimed at a hair, energy from the light heats the follicle, damaging it. The damage slows hair regrowth, allowing you to enjoy a much longer hair-free period. Laser treatment works best on dark hair and may not be as effective if your hair is blonde, red or gray. In order to maintain your results, you will need to schedule periodic follow-up treatments.
Laser treatment can remove hair from multiple areas
Laser treatment is a good choice if you want to remove hair from your chin or upper lip, but it works just as well on other parts of your body. If you don't like the look of hair on your chest, back, neck or shoulders, a few laser treatments will get rid of the hair quickly and easily. Lasers also remove hair in the delicate bikini area, allowing you to wear your favorite swimsuit with confidence.
What happens during laser hair removal treatment?
Before treatment begins, a layer of cooling gel will be applied to your skin. You will also be given a pair of goggles to protect your eyes from the intense laser light. Before beginning the treatment, your dermatologist will adjust the laser light to the correct setting for your hair or skin color. He or she will then use a handheld device to direct the laser light at the hairs you want to remove. After treatment, your skin may be red for a day or two. Ice packs and anti-inflammatory cream will help reduce any discomfort.
Does laser hair removal sound like the perfect treatment method for you? Why not call the medical proffesionals of Center for Cosmetic and Clinical Dermatology in Gaithersburg, MD at (301) 977-2070 to schedule a treatment? Don't waste your time tweezing. Try laser hair removal instead!
Drs. Ford and Rothman are proud to feature the Lumenis LightSheer Duet - the gold standard for laser hair removal...
- Our Lumenis LightSheer Duet Laser provides a state-of-the-art, gentle approach to removing unwanted hair for men and woman
- a breakthrough in hair removal technology, this laser works in a fraction of the time of past procedures and is successful for men and women of most skin color
- reduces treatment time by 75%
- no cooling devices, gels or anesthetics needed
- features a large treatment head, so large areas may be treated in five or six visits (it is no longer needed to sit with a topical anesthetic for an hour prior to each of a half-dozen visits, for example)
- features two hair removal systems on one versatile platform enabling clinicians to optimize permanent hair reduction anywhere on the body